The following list is an ongoing set of drawings that will help you into your projects. You could be developing them autonomously from each other as a means of exploring each without overwhelming yourself with integrating them quite yet. They can be thought of as slides in your final review but will also be put together for generative drawings that include culture texture, plan, and time:
Question: in Barcelona where food and food market culture is so strong, what will a food market network for 22@ look like? How is the 5 meal tradition here already adapting/shifting and how will your market space support this shift over the times of the day, week, and year? How can the food market network create an integrated community of workers and residents that complement each other?
**this is a chance for you to explore drawing, be adventurous / exploratory with your drawings methods! **lines**
– three thesis sentences: purpose/culture/material+effect
– district plan: figure field locating your neighborhood and highlighting key streets. light outline of the 22@ district.
– neighborhood plan: try to embed any differences within the language of your urban room network
– 2-3 conceptual images (take ownership of image but these explore the EFFECT. Name these in a word).
– 2-3 contextual images (place. Title these)
– Flows across site: water color or ink drawing. Map flows. (also taken from urban space collages) – Time/texture/2D Collages with scenarios and textures: Specific name of EVENT (Tschumi) + time and date of year.
– Material research: what is the EFFECT and the smallest component of the material system. show a sample of the raw material (you have no idea how many times this is missing from presentations!) The material should support your EFFECT. Show **three** conditions of the effect. Name them.
– Plan diagram, hand drawn in ink/water colored: ordering system; effect locations; organizational system- bands, strips, islands, mats, pathways (see Points+Lines) you have multiple ones. (may be in watercolor) 30 second drawings. **SYNTHESIS** 3 scales: Siteplan, plan, unit/module (plan and or elevation)
– comparative site: select a site we have visited. in the same hand of drawing, scale, lineweights, compare to your project
– urban room: zoom in to one space as a unit of your network system.
– collage perspectives of one or two moments at key event/scenarios. moody images! show effect. Nouvel, So-il, RCR
You may have multiple ordering systems across the site at various scenario times. Draw these. What physical structure will support them all without being generic?
We can review these individually on Sunday. Please be ready at 6pm as I need to leave by 9:30pm.